The renowned katana series of amplifiers has a new installation, the Boss Katana 100 MkII. If you are looking forward to amplifying your output speaker and building dream tones to your dream tones, this is the real deal. It is a powerful tool with cab emulated output and monitoring with multi-channel footswitch support, thus giving you the chance to be in charge of all sound and remain hands-free.
The new amp variation can access 60 timeless BOSS effects under the BOSS Tone Studio editor, making it better than any other. You can also run dual Katanas with a single-cable stereo, which is ideal for utilizing the space in a single guitar outfit.
Boss Katana-100 MKII Main Features
- Its 12-inch speaker with a 100-watt combo amp makes it stage-ready.
- The Tube Logic design gives it an accurate punch, thus announcing its presence to defy class. Every time it goes live. It picks up from where y
- Five unique amp characters: Clean, Crunch, Lead, Brown, and Acoustic, are the five special custom amp characters all voiced in the new variations for each effect section.
- A pedal bend dedicated to foot-control
- You can customize the sound with the updated BOSS Tone Studio software using over 60 different BOSS effects like EQs and flexible routing. More features like USB and recording outputs have a mic cabinet emulation where you send amp tones that are ready for play to a PA system or whatever output device you are working with. There are three Air Feel settings that you can apply to shape the sound in the BOSS Tone Studio.
- Stereo Expands out, permitting a link to a second Katana MkII same model only. A single Katana MkII sounds incredible, but two will be great. With new expanded features, linking two amps is more straightforward, and you do it with one cable. Everything is controlled from the main Katana MkII, and it is stereo-compatible on both amps. Also, all 100-watt Katana MKII models support studio expansion.
- An eight memory setting to store and recall all amp effects.
- Power Control switch that cranks the amp tone and also responds to low volumes.
- Three Cab Resonance choices: Vintage, Modern, and Deep, all within the BOSS Tone Studio.
- The foot controller allows for exclusive amp control, including Tone Settings, turning effects on/off, and expression pedal control. The foot controller is optional but also a perfect assistant for the Katana-100/212 MkII. Its connection is through a single cable; you don’t require external power, and its slim nature means it only takes up minimal space. You can directly and independently use six footswitches to recall Tone Settings and independently operate the five sound effects.
- There are Connections for two foot switches or pedal
- Find Pro setups in the BOSS Tone Central
- Full throttle sound once it goes live with a power control that flies directly without getting fired. You only have to control the volume as required to enjoy from anywhere.
- Versatile The new lineup picks up from where the first generation left off, and if the Katana amps have been your thing, then you will love them even more.
- Silent recording and performance The BOSS Katana 100 MkII has Power Control options for users to crank up amp tone when the volume is low. You can operate in silence, at a studio, or on stage by connecting the amp’s output line to an input line to another device and bypassing the speaker. You can select the three cab resonance choices; Vintage, Modern, and Deep, then blend them to Air Feel miking emulation and customize your tones.
- BOSS Tone Studio Enhancements in Katana MkII is the improved version of the esteemed Katana guitar amp series taking it to the next level. The new features like turbocharging, more sounds and effects make it the next level amp. Onboard effects are now expanded from three to five, and the new voices are updated with new variations with real-time processing.
Boss Katana-100 MKII Specifications
- Power Output: 100 W
- Speaker size : 1, 12 “
- Channels: 4
- Input Ports: 1
- Controls: Amp Type, Gain, Volume, Bass, Middle, Treble, Booster/Mod, FX/Delay, Reverb, Presence, Master, Power Control, Buttons: Variation, 4x CH, Panel
- Speaker type: Katana Custom
- Simulators: 10
- Sound Effects: 60
- Headphone Output Port: Yes
- MP3/Line In: Yes
- USB: Yes
- Footswitch Input Port: Yes
- Measurements: 530 x 484 x 248 mm
- Weight: 14.8 kg
- Origin: Malaysia
The BOSS Katana-100 MKII has dramatically evolved the Katana series amplifiers. The User Interface is top-notch and users will find it easy to operate. Additionally, the amp has been refreshed with more features and more parameters added to the main screen, making work more accessible. The first-generation Katana amp owners should go ahead and add this new amp evolution and enjoy them together because their output will be phenomenal.
Read more: Squier Stratocaster – Review