What is Moo Shu vegetable?
Moo Shu is the vegetarian version of a popular Chinese dish called classic Chinese stir-fry. This dish does not need much preparation time as you can use the already shredded vegetables. You can add some Asian hot sauce while serving the dish. Don’t miss out on serving some whole-wheat tortillas along with Moo Shu.
1. How to make Moo Shu Vegetables?
We will share an easy recipe for Moo Shu in this article. It is very easy and does not need much prep time. The ingredients are also not very hard to find.
1.1. What are the ingredients of Moo Shu vegetables?
- Lightly beaten eggs ( 4 large)
- 2 cloves of minced garlic ( should be fresh)
- Minced ginger ( two tablespoons and fresh)
- Toasted, divided sesame oil (3 tsp)
- Mixed, shredded vegetables like rainbow salad ( 12 ounces)
- Reduced sodium soy sauce (1 tablespoon)
- Divided and sliced scallions ( 1 bunch)
- Rice vinegar ( 1 tablespoon)
- Mung beans sprout ( 2 cups)
- Hoisin sauce ( 2 tablespoons)
1.2. Instructions for the preparation of Moo Shu vegetables;
- Firstly, heat a large nonstick pot or wok and add 1 tablespoon of oil. Then add the beaten eggs and stir gently for 3 minutes and let it set. Take a plate and put the cooked egg there.
- Clean the pan with a wipe and add the rest of the two tablespoons of oil and heat it on a medium flame. Add the minced garlic and minced ginger to the oil and give it a good stir until both the ingredients get tender and soft and you start getting the aroma. It should not take more than a minute or so. When the ginger-garlic becomes fragrant, add the bean sprout, all the shredded vegetables, half of the scallions that you have sliced, vinegar, and soy sauce. Cook and stir well so that all the ingredients are well combined. At this stage, cook it covered until the entire thing is softened and tender. It will take around 3 minutes or a little more than that. Now add the hoisin and the egg that you had previously cooked and kept aside. Keep stirring to break the scrambled eggs for 2 minutes at least. Now add the rest of the scallions, cook for some more time and turn off the heat.
The Moo-shu vegetable is ready to be served.
Read More: What is the Travel Accessories for Women?