Doug Ford and Cabinet to be Sworn-in as Ontario's First Ever Government for the
Toronto, June 29, 2018 - Doug Ford is today joining thousands of people on the front steps of Ontario's
legislature as Ontario's first ever Government for the People is sworn-in.
"I will never forget why I'm here: to work for the people of Ontario," said Ford.
"I promised the people that I would help make our great province the best place
in North America when it comes to business, creating jobs and raising a family.
And I am going to keep my promise."
The Premier-Designate has met with The Honourable Elizabeth Dowdeswell, Lieutenant
Governor of Ontario to present his recommendations for appointments to Ontario's
The new Government for the People will be sworn-in and affirmed in a public ceremony
on the front steps of the Legislative Building at Queen's Park.
The new ministers are as follows:
- Peter Bethlenfalvy - President of the Treasury Board
- Raymond Cho - Minister for Seniors and Accessibility
- Steve Clark - Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- Christine Elliott - Minister of Health and Long-Term Care and Deputy Premier
- Victor Fedeli - Minister of Finance and Chair of Cabinet
- Doug Ford - Premier and Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs
- Merrilee Fullerton - Minister of Training, Colleges and Universities
- Ernie Hardeman - Minister of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
- Sylvia Jones - Minister of Tourism, Culture and Sport
- Lisa MacLeod - Minister of Children, Community and Social Services and Minister
Responsible for Women's Issues
- Monte McNaughton - Minister of Infrastructure
- Caroline Mulroney - Attorney General and Minister Responsible for Francophone Affairs
- Rod Phillips - Minister of the Environment, Conservation and Parks
- Greg Rickford - Minister of Energy, Northern Development and Mines, and Minister
of Indigenous Affairs
- Laurie Scott - Minister of Labour
- Todd Smith - Minister of Government and Consumer Services, and Government House
- Lisa Thompson - Minister of Education
- Michael Tibollo - Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- Jim Wilson - Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade
- John Yakabuski - Minister of Transportation
- Jeff Yurek - Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry
"We have an all-star team that's ready right now to give the people of Ontario the
kind of leadership and direction they deserve," said Ford. "For too long, the people
of Ontario have worked more and paid more, but gotten less. Those days are over.
Help is here."