Elgin County, ON - The Elgin County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) conducted a
traffic stop on the 401 highway westbound lanes. This happened in the Dutton Ontario
area, on August 7, 2018 around 3:00 p.m.
As a result of this traffic stop officers arrested two people for numerous provincial
and criminal code offences.
As a result of the investigation to date the driver Brian PRATTEN, 32-years-old
of Thames Centre Ontario stands charged with:
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000 contrary to section 354(1)(a)
of the Criminal Code
- Driving while disqualified contrary to section 259(4) of the Criminal Code
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance contrary to section 2(1)(a) of the Compulsory
Automobile Insurance Act
- Fail to notify change of address contrary to section 9(2) of the Highway Traffic
The accused is to appear before St. Thomas Criminal court on September 4, 2018
31-year-old Vanessa SMITH of London Ontario also stands charged with:
- Obstructing a peace officer contrary to section 129(a) of the Criminal Code
- Failing to comply with a recognizance contrary to section 145(3) of the Criminal
Code X 2
The accused was held for a bail hearing on August 8, 2018.
Both parties were arrested without incident.
OPP Contact Information