Members of the public are invited to read and comment on the Draft Updated Drinking
Water Source Protection Plan for the Grand River watershed. The plan has been prepared
under the Clean Water Act, 2006 to protect municipal sources of drinking water and
ensure their sustainable use into the future.
The Grand River Source Protection Plan was approved by the Ontario Ministry of the
Environment, Conservation and Parks in November, 2015. Since then, updates have
been proposed that affect Dufferin County (Township of Melancthon and Township of
Amaranth), Oxford County (Community of Bright), the Region of Waterloo, Perth County
(Township of Perth East), the County of Wellington (Township of Puslinch and Town
of Erin) and the City of Brantford.
See the Plan
Public comments and questions about the changes presented in the draft updated Source
Protection Plan are welcome. The draft updated plan is available for review online
at www.sourcewater.ca. A printed copy of the draft updated plan is also available
for review at the Grand River Conservation Authority (400 Clyde Road, Cambridge)
or at each of the following locations:
- Township of Melancthon Municipal Office (157101 Highway 10, Melancthon)
- Township of Amaranth Municipal Office (374028 6th line, Amaranth)
- Oxford County Administration Building (21 Reeve St., Woodstock)
- Region of Waterloo Administrative Headquarters (150 Frederick St., Kitchener
- Township of Perth East Municipal Office (25 Mill St. East, Milverton)
- Puslinch Township Office (7404 Wellington Rd. 34, Puslinch)
- Town of Erin Municipal Office (5684 Trafalgar Rd., Hillsburgh)
- Continuous Improvement Desk, Brantford City Hall (100 Wellington Square, Brantford)
A public meeting will be held for residents of Bright in Oxford County on Monday,
April 15, 2019 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Plattsville Lions Hall (68 Mill St.
E, Plattsville). This meeting will focus on technical study results for the Bright
water system, and will include opportunities for those in attendance to ask questions
of Lake Erie Source Protection Region staff.
Comments may be submitted in writing to:
Ilona Feldmann, Source Protection Program Assistant
Lake Erie Source Protection Region
c/o Grand River Conservation Authority
400 Clyde Road, P.O. Box 729
Cambridge, ON N1R 5W6
Comments will be received until Tuesday, May 21, 2019.