Port Stanley Foodland
BRENDA CREEDEN RE/MAX Sales
Port Stanley Festival Theatre 2018 Season
Century 21 First Canadian Corp
Jeff Yurek, MPP
A State of Bliss

Port Stanley News RSS Feed  Weather Port Stanley, ON Current Conditions - SNOW SQUALL WARNING IN EFFECT, Port Stanley

X

Alerts for: Elgin

Warnings

4:51 AM EST Wednesday 13 December 2017
Snow squall warning in effect for:

  • St. Thomas - Aylmer - Eastern Elgin County

Persistent snow squalls are expected. Under the snow squall bands, visibilities will be significantly reduced due to the heavy snow combined with blowing snow, and snow will quickly accumulate.

Lake effect snow squalls continue today.


Additional snowfall amounts of 10 to 15 cm are possible in snow squalls today. Whiteout conditions are also possible from blowing snow due to the strong winds gusting up to 50 km/h.

Currently the strongest snow squall is affecting an area near Goderich extending inland towards the City of London. This snow squall will slowly lift northward through the morning.

Multiple road closures have been reported by the Ontario Provincial Police including portions of Highway 21, Highway 8, County Road 4 and County Road 25.

Snow squalls cause weather conditions to vary considerably; changes from clear skies to heavy snow within just a few kilometres are common. Visibility will be suddenly reduced to near zero at times in heavy snow and blowing snow. Travel is expected to be hazardous due to reduced visibility in some locations. Be prepared to adjust your driving with changing road conditions. Consider postponing non-essential travel until conditions improve. Road closures are possible.

Snow squall warnings are issued when bands of snow form that produce intense accumulating snow or near zero visibilities.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpio-tempetes-ospc-storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

 

Statements

3:09 AM EST Wednesday 13 December 2017
Special weather statement in effect for:

  • Rodney - Shedden - Western Elgin County

Accumulating snowfall of 10 to 15 cm is expected today.

A low pressure system will bring another round of accumulating snowfall to the area beginning late this morning. Snowfall amounts near 10 cm are expected, with higher amounts between 10 to 15 cm possible for the Windsor - Leamington - Essex County region.

The snow will begin to ease towards midnight.

Poor winter driving conditions are expected. Untreated roads may become snow covered and slippery.

Environment Canada will continue to monitor this situation and will update statements accordingly.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to ec.cpio-tempetes-ospc-storms.ec@canada.ca or tweet reports using #ONStorm.

 Light Snowshower

-11°C

Currently Light Snowshower
Temperature -10.8°C
Wind Chill: -18
Humidity 78 %
Pressure Air Pressure  100.9 kPa
DewPoint -13.9°C
Visibility 8.1 km
Wind Speed W 16 km/h
Sunrise: 7:47:00 AM
Sunset: 4:51:00 PM
Updated:  London Int'l Airport 06:29 AM EST Wednesday 13 December 2017

Port Stanley, ON Weather Outlook

Weather Information Provided by Environment Canada

Wednesday Wednesday night Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday Monday Tuesday
Snow squalls or flurries changing to periods of snow this af Periods of snow ending after midnight then mainly cloudy A mix of sun and cloud Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries or rain showers Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries
Snow squalls or flurries changing to periods of snow this afternoon.
Local blowing snow early this morning.
Local amount 2 to 4 cm.
Wind northwest 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light this afternoon.
High minus 6.
Periods of snow ending after midnight then mainly cloudy.
Amount 5 cm.
Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 this evening.
Low minus 14.
A mix of sun and cloud.
40 percent chance of flurries late in the morning and in the afternoon.
Wind northwest 20 km/h becoming light in the afternoon.
High minus 7.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries.
Windy.
High minus 4.
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries.
High minus 7.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries or rain showers.
High plus 3.
Cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries.
High plus 1.
Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries.
High plus 2.

Follow Us

Wednesday, December 13, 2017 | | Welcome Guest !

World's 1st Proportional Viewing News Web Site. February 5, 2008. Copyright © PortStanleyNews.com

Copyright © 2004 - 2017 Port Stanley News.com All Rights Reserved ISSN 1718-8695